Saturday, July 7, 2007

7-7-07

I just thought it would be cool to post an entry when the calendar hits 7/7/07. The westerners take it as a lucky omen as 7+7+7=21, which is the winning Blackjack numbers. Thus, a record breaking number of marriages. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

Besides that, life has been pretty much moving at a very fast pace. Before I can say "Damn, I still have yet to receive the confirmation and salary increment", its another weekend.
Weekends just breeze by with a blink. Oftentimes, the weekends don't feel like the weekends as you can do what you really want to do.
And most often, you become too lazy to even get up.

I have big plans tomorrow. A larger part of me just wants to rest a home, but I really need to get my cellphone repaired and also kill a few birds with one stone (ie buy some good pirate DVD's/ CD's, games to keep me occupied and hyped up as the internet is losing its fun/see how much things has changed for a small town I used to know). Then before I know it, the weekend will be over. Ah, why cant the weekend just waltz a little more slower?
Still, sometimes the sheer meaninglessness of things and people around you just get to you.
I grew up thinking that the big managers and people at the top of the pyramid of big organizations know what they are doing and are the best at what they do. I guess I was wrong. Everyone has flaws. Big flaws. Perfection is only an ideal dream that cannot be attained.
We all lead average lives, end up marrying average looking people (despite shallow dreams of being with someone who looks good), end up being in an average job, just being average. Living but not thriving. How much of our lives do we really want to lead the way we imagine ourselves leading? Meeting and being with people we really enjoy the company of, doing the things we really want to do, having the time for so many things we can only dream of, and of course leading the life we think we deserve.

Perhaps I am just shallow. Perhaps I am just lazy. Perhaps I am too idealistic.

The word ideal itself is very much an enigma. How else can something be ideal when its already perfect to suit? Is contentment real? Is contentment relative to ideal?

Back to my lil rambling, I find that selfishness is a common flaw shared by everyone. The quest for self preservation. For whatever for? Why is there still a need to exist? Is there much to lose? That can also be linked with the quest for identity and of finding the missing puzzle in our lives. Perhaps only then, can we have said we have experienced enough and would be willing to get away from all this. How much are we willing to sacrifice to find that sense of contentment and to distance ourselves from the various dramas that plague our lives and make them interesting?

Perhaps there is indeed a price to pay for everything. Its just how much are we willing to spend.
Its a Saturday night. Back when I was younger, I used to think that I would be out with people I enjoy to have their company with on Saturday nights and to just let whatever stress of the week just float on by with the next cup of Teh O Ais Limau (ice lemon tea for all you yankees).
Apparently, life took a different turn. I can't say that I regret, I really hate driving in traffic jams and having to do so 5 to 6 days a week just like a hamster repeating its routine. This job allows me to walk to work and I seldom drive out for work. There is hardly any jams and I can get up half an hour before work to get ready.

So here I am on a Saturday night waiting for a train that can't seem to arrive when you want it to. Its amusing really. Perhaps its fate that distances one train ride with another and perhaps fate determines which train ride we should be on and which does not. I want to be on the Orient Express, but I don't think my ticket is valid here. Perhaps someday, the station master would find my persistence commendable and perhaps only then would the bar gates rise and would I find my transit. I just hope I don't miss my stop.

No comments: