Friday, July 27, 2007

Make Money Online???

Been actually reading about the whole AdSense thing and all the theories on how to make money online. Its amusing, it reminds me a whole lot about Network Marketing (i.e. shoving things down the throats of people).
However, I think its a more dignified way of doing it.

Still. Some things don't add up.

Perhaps I am traditional and I still believe that having a proper product may it be HTML codes or physical stock products is the way to go. Somehow it just seemed so wrong.

Don't get me wrong, its not that I have a fear of money or anything as those self help money making gurus are quick to point out. I am not lazy as well. In fact, I am taking the initiative to learn about web design and the like (Photoshop CS etc.)

Its just a personal opinion that the internet is a way to introduce one's products and services online, to make it more assessable and perhaps to suit the changing demands of converging worlds. Someday I would come across a good idea. For now, I think I will stick to what I do best. Write crap.

Speaking of crap, I think nowadays many young local bloggers are getting better and better at being wordsmiths. I am not too sure if I can keep up but it certainly adds spice and variety to the previously underestimated young Malaysians.

The week has been quite busy as all weeks. I really don't think I am all that good anymore. Somehow I feel tainted.

Perhaps the lures of modern technology and false promises of riches and glory has eroded into my already peaceful courtyard?
The wishlist seems to be getting larger and larger.

First, the Palm TX, then the laptop, then the smartphone. Sigh. I hope this ends soon. Most of the time its just a phase. After a while, I see the foolishness of it.
That's why perhaps I was lucky to not be so well to do. God knows how many of those Network Marketing schemes I would have fallen to prey with. Argh those snake oil peddlers.

What business can I get into? For now, I am still setting my sights on consultancy.
By the way, I am going to get a domain. Am seriously unsure which blog would be chosen to host my blog. I think the website will be my latest incarnation of my existence in cyberspace. I am still gathering the resources to design something which I can be proud of.

I am thinking something in the likes of Dreamweaver. Something simple but still elegant. Nothing too "flash"-ey to cater to those with dial up lines (I have been there, I realize the pain).
I still have no idea on the direction of the website.
I guess I will just figure it out as I go along.

Life is uncertain. I wish there was some sort of an insurance where there is no premium. Tell me if you have found such a scheme.

No comments: